A few of the voices that will be included in the final Flyways composition can be sampled here:
1. Andrea Kalima of Tanzania plays the zeze (a 14-string harp) along with vocal accompaniment by Mwanaima Mrutu, also from Tanzania.
2. Oboist Paul McCandless improvises with the call of the African Fish Eagle from Uganda.
3. Andy Cooke of Uganda plays the enanga harp and sings.
4. Azat Aitkulov of the Bashkir tribe from the Ural Mountains in Russia plays on his kurai flute a song about the legend of the crane, entitled Zhuravel.
5. Azat Aitkulov on the kurai flute along with Andy Cooke on the ennanga harp.